04 Jun Reopening the Library
Posted at 10:30h in News 0 Comments
Watch as Library Director Pam Federspiel discusses the reopening of the library, which will occur in four phases:
The phases of reopening are fluid and are dependent on the number of active COVID-19 cases in Shelby County and directives from the governor and local health officials. The health and safety of our patrons is paramount as we move forward. If there is a dramatic increase in cases, we will reevaluate our reopening plan.
Phase One (March 16–May 31):
- Library building closed to the public.
- Book drops available for returns.
- Due dates extended to June 1, 2020.
Phase Two (June 1–TBD):
- Curbside service begins on June 1.
- Bookmobile service to home stop patrons only on June 1. (Bookmobile service to daycares, long-term care facilities, and community stops will resume at a later date.)
- Introduce our newest digital resource, Hoopla, on June 8. Hoopla offers a new collection of ebooks, movies, and music.
- The online Summer Reading Program will begin on June 15. More information at scplibrary.net/summer-reading.
Phase Three (Dates TBD):
- Reopening the library building to the public at a limited capacity.
- Safety guidelines in accordance with the governor’s Healthy at Work Initiative will be followed by staff and patrons.
Phase Four (Dates TBD):
- Resume some in-person events and programs.