10 Feb Library reopening on February 16th
Posted at 09:30h in News, Press Releases 0 Comments
Update: Our reopening for in-person services has been delayed to Tuesday, February 23. Curbside service will be available Wednesday, February 17 through Saturday, February 20 — weather permitting — and Monday, February 22.
We are excited to announce that the Library building will reopen on Tuesday, February 23 [see update above]!
Hours of Operation
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday from 10 AM–4 PM
- Thursday from 10 AM–5:30 PM
- Saturday from 10 AM–1 PM
Curbside service only on Mondays from 10 AM–4 PMto allow for deep cleaning and routine disinfecting of the library building.
Once the library building reopens, we will retain the rules and requirements from before our closure. We appreciate your cooperation as we work together to keep all Shelby Countians healthy and safe.
- Twenty-five (25) patrons will be allowed in the library building at one time.
- All patrons must enter and exit from the library’s rear entrance (near College Street parking lots).
- All patrons and staff are required to wear a face mask while inside the library building. SCPL will provide a disposable face mask to any patron who does not have one.
- Every other computer station will be disabled to allow for social distancing requirements, and computer sessions will be limited to one (1) hour per patron, per day.
- Social distancing of at least six feet is required when in the building.
- The Reference and Genealogy section will be available by appointment only. Appointments can be made online or by phone at (502) 633-3803.
- Curbside service will continue on a limited basis after the building reopens.
We are excited to welcome our community back into their library. Thank you for your patience, and we hope to see you — masked up — on February 23!